skartnak
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
Cede.ch

The Steelers’ defense might have some issues

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    Skartnak.com Index du Forum -> Annonces de concerts en Suisse
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Invité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Oct 2019 3:54    Sujet du message: The Steelers’ defense might have some issues Répondre en citant

Donnie Shell Jersey , but pressuring the QB isn’t one of them Every year there are areas of the Pittsburgh Steelers which are dissected and picked on by those who watch the team closely every week. In the past the team’s secondary has caught the ire of the fan base, but the outside linebackers/pass rush has been on list for some time now. Even after the team set a new franchise mark of 56 sacks last season, some cited poor teams, the Cleveland Browns, and sub-par quarterbacks as a reason for the inflated statistic. Well, no one is saying the Steelers’ defense is perfect, Keith Butler’s unit is far from perfect, but among the issues the team has, pressuring the quarterback should not be considered among them. Through three games, the Steelers are tied for 2nd in the NFL with 11 sacks on opposing quarterbacks, but even if they aren’t getting sacks, they are pressuring opposing passers.Check out this statistic via ESPN’s NFL Matchup Twitter account: This shows the Steelers’ defense isn’t just getting to the quarterback and bringing them down, but they are applying pressure 40 percent of the time the quarterback drops back to throw. However Rod Woodson Jersey , this statistic can be slightly misleading. Think back to the team’s Monday night win over Tampa Bay. You can likely recall several times when the Pittsburgh Steelers’ pass rush hit Ryan Fitzpatrick, only to have him release the ball almost simultaneously and complete the pass.It goes down as a pressure, but was still a completed pass, and sometimes a big play. Nonetheless, it might just be the game plan going against some red-hot quarterbacks the last two weeks, or a philosophy by Keith Butler. Pressure the quarterback, by an means necessary, and sometimes those means leave the secondary exposed. This sparks the debate of whether maximum pressure should be used, or if you should try and just get pressure with the defensive front and hope the coverage holds up? In Week 3 it seemed the defense was hell bent on getting to Ryan Fitzpatrick, and hitting him early and often. However, in Week 2 Patrick Mahomes had a lot of time to make plays in the backfield, and the Steelers tried about everything. What will the team’s approach be against Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night? If I were a betting man I would think the game plan would resemble more of Week 3, than any other week of this NFL regular season thus far. In a brand new show titled ‘Yeah Mike Wagner Jersey , I said it’, we talk about some burning topics surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBehind the Steel Curtaina Pittsburgh Steelers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsSteelersOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Latest NewsSteelers Film Room2018 NFL Draft AnalysisLatest NewsFiled under:Latest NewsBTSC On DemandPodcast: To all Steelers fans, I am not a haterNew,4commentsIn a brand new show titled ‘Yeah, I said it’, we talk about some burning topics surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers.EDTShareTweetShareSharePodcast: To all Steelers fans, I am not a haterIf you are someone who has been listening to our flagship podcast, “Standard is the Standard”, you know all about my co-host Lance Williams. Williams’ extensive experience talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers gives him a very level-headed approach to the team. In other words, he calls it like he sees it. He is the furthest thing from a homer, unlike me, but throughout the years he has gotten a reputation of being a hater. A negative Nancy. A Debbie downer. You get the picture.But the one thing which fans don’t realize is that although he might not pour over NFL Draft notes, study OTAs news and pine over the latest camp darling Rocky Bleier Jersey , it doesn’t mean he is less of a fan, or a hater. With that said, why don’t I let him explain himself regarding him being a hater...This is where the newest BTSC podcast “Yeah, I Said It” comes in. My co-host on ‘The Standard is the Standard’, Lance Williams, talks about how despite being a realist, he is not a hater.Lance is the perfect man for the job, and delivers the goods in the latest show.Check out the audio below: Feel free to give us your thoughts on the topic in the comment section below, and don’t forget to follow us on all our audio platforms by following the links below:Apple Users: CLICK HERESpotify: CLICK HEREGoogle Play: CLICK HERE
Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    Skartnak.com Index du Forum -> Annonces de concerts en Suisse Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Vous pouvez poster de nouveaux sujets dans ce forum
Vous pouvez répondre aux sujets dans ce forum